Creating E-Invoices via Zendesk PO Email
To begin creating an invoice, click on the blue ‘Create Invoice’ button.
- Acknowledge PO simply notifies the Zendesk contact that you have received the Purchase Order
- You will be asked to register for E-invoicing and create a Remit-To if you have not already.
Creating E-Invoices via Coupa Supplier Portal
- Go to the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) and Login
- Click on the Orders tab to view Purchase Orders (PO)
- Find the PO you need to invoice against and click on the stack of gold coins to the right OR click into the PO. The Create Invoice page will appear
General Information and Form Fields
|PDF attachment of invoice is required.|
|The Invoice number must be unique and match your PDF invoice attachment.|
If the Invoice From Address, Remit-To Address, or Ship From Address do not appear, click the magnifying glass to select the respective addresses.
Note: If there is nothing to select, you have not completed the e-invoicing setup
|If there are multiple invoices for a purchase order, they must be submitted separately.|
Note: All fields marked with the red * are required
Edit Purchase Order Lines
- If you need to delete a purchase order line, or you are invoicing against a purchase order with multiple lines, please click on the red ‘X’ next to the line you are not using (located next to the line total amount)
- Next you can adjust the PRICE to reflect the desired billing amount if applicable.
Example: A purchase order was created for the entire year by months and you are invoicing only for March, you will have to delete the other 11 lines to submit the invoice correctly.
Input a Tax Description (TAX/VAT code)
- If there is no tax code to apply please input 0%
- For line level taxation, please check the “Line Level Taxation” box, (item A.), otherwise only use tax section in item B. Tax Description (Misc) will cause an error, do not use this.
- Click SUBMIT once complete.
Note: For US invoices please input a rate, (if you input a rate the system will automatically calculate the tax amount), OR you can input the tax amount directly
1. Go to the Invoices tab, scroll to the bottom and click the button “Credit Note”.
Note: A screen will appear with the option to “Resolve issue for invoice number” with a dropdown of all applicable invoices.
2. Select the invoice to apply the credit note to, and select if the credit is for the full or partial amount of the invoice.
3. Coupa will redirect you to the Credit Notes page where you will need to enter the Credit Note number
Note: Zendesk’s normal procedure is the invoice number _CN. Please also attach the PDF credit note.
4. Click submit, confirm the information, then click Send.